Here are the photos of the amp project. I'm using a -10db pad on the input so 7 watts drive from the Elecraft K3/internal transverter gives me 550 watts. That's a very comfortable level for for testing.
I did finally swap in a -8db pad for 850 watts out - that was the design power level goal, and about what my generator can source when in the field. The amp draws 25 amps @ 48 vdc. I added a small fan inside to move some air over the output coax and LP filter when doing modes like JT65b.
I set my 9 element Yagi up in the driveway for a few days and made nine EME contacts, so the project seems to have worked out well. :-)
See Jim, W6PQL excellent web site for more info and top quality modules and parts.
|The smoke test. 7 watts drive = 550 watts thru a -10 dB pad.|
|It all fits in a 8x12 chassis. My sequencer controls FET switches for the 48 vdc and 12 vdc supplies.|
|That is one mighty big heatsink, a 4 inch muffin fan will sit on top too.|