ARRL EME Contest Nov 28 - 29, 2020

     I went out to the barn both evenings, fired up the 23cm station, the propane heater, and had an absolute blast. For a small 1.6M dish, 250 watts at the feed, and being at apogee I still managed a great result with 29 contacts. I felt like the little engine that could! After European moonset the second evening I ran out of "dance partners" and called it good. I discovered when aiming elevated and south I got some pre-amp overload/hash from a cell tower 1/2 mile away. WSJT-X 2.3 rc2 was flawless. All in all a fun weekend and very rewarding to have the station working so well.

Stations worked: DL3EBJ, SP5GDM, OK1DFC, KN0WS (2x), KA1GT, RA3AUB, PA3FXB, OK1IL, PA0PLY, DL7YC, W6YX, VA7MM, K7CA, WA3RGQ, N5BF, KD5FZX, K2UYH, WA3GFZ, OK1KIR, ON5GS, DL7UDA, UA4AAV, K5DN, SM5DGX, OK2DL, IK5VLS, DF3RU, NC1I, IK2MMB. 

Waiting for moonrise - a good look at the patch feed.