6M Meteor Scatter From DN44, Montana

August 26-28, 2020

Joyce and I were going out camping with the truck so I threw the IC-7300 and a 6M beam aboard for some meteor scatter fun. The first location at Beaver Creek was excellent for camping, but ringed by mountains - a very poor choice for meteors. We moved over to one of our all time favorite campgrounds at Bakers Hole just outside of Yellowstone Park and scored a prime spot with no obstructions in any direction.

Generally random meteor scatter conditions were fine and I made 23 contacts via MSK144, and was especially pleased to help W9RM, KY7M, and N7IR close in on their FFMA goal. I must say the IC-7300 continues to impress - both as a 6M radio and as the IF for my 222 MHz station's transverter.

Simple, 100 watt 6 Meter station in DN44kq.