Easy 902 MHz EME

April 13, 2024

    Of course it's easy if you spend a week re-doing every cable in the station with heavy duty connectors, and pondering where is the quietest location within driving distance. A friends cabin in Tom Miner Basin (DN45me), just north of Yellowstone Park, is the ne-plus-ultra for a quiet spot. So that where I went today. It was an exceptional spring day - usually the road up to the cabin doesn't go snow free until mid-May. This year it was an easy drive in my Subaru Forester. We're talking 71 degrees at 6,500 feet elevation!

Of 11 stations calling I worked 10! W2HRO (-21), W7JW (-21), W5AFY (-20), VE4MA (-21), AC0RA (-22), K0DSP (-23), K0DAS (-23), N0LNO (-23), KC0SKM (-23) and finally W6TCP (-23) after an hour's chase. 

I have ready access to this location, so if you still need Montana I'm happy to roll uphill again.

2.4M dish, 500+ watts, and no stinkin' noise! The wicker chair was a nice touch.

The Theodolite app helps when setting the dish up. Looking 81 degrees.