Wyoming on 902 MHz EME

 April 19, 2024

As promised, I rolled down to Yellowstone Park this afternoon. I was surprised to find the dirt road into the Big Horn Trailhead was still under four feet of snow, but the wide pullout off Route 191 was still 25 yards into Wyoming so that was where I set up. I did have two different sets of "Lookie-Lous" stop and ask about what I was up to. The looks I got were priceless - they thought I was loonie!

Anyhow, I worked all callers again. I did have to grapple with wind moving the dish off axis, the fiberglass center post just was too slick to hold in the light breeze. A few cinch straps fixed the problem, and I already have a long term cure thought out. Once on the moon the SL-1 tracker kept me there.

Worked (at apogee no less) were AC0RA (-24), W2HRO (-20), W5AFY (-23), VE4MA (-23), W7JW (-23), K0DAS (-23), N0LNO (-23), KC0SKM (-24), W6TCP (-25), K0DSP (-24). I appreciate the activity, it makes these outings well worth the effort. LoTW upload done.

Bonus: I saw elk, a moose, and a small herd of big horn sheep on my travels to and fro.

 

DN44lw32ns Wyoming (just). Big Horn Trailhead was still snow bound.

Yellowstone Park, WY (DN44lw) with the moon riding high. Click on the photo to get a hi-res version.


Back seat station, no quick stops!